One of the best ways to maintain the appearance of your awning fabric and thus avoid having to remove mildew stains from awnings and deep clean for as long as possible is to maintain the fabric properly.
This can be achieved by simply brushing away dirt and stains before they soak into the fabric and cleaning up spills as soon as they occur.
Cleaning methods to remove mildew awning.
When it is time to remove mildew stains from awnings, you can either clean the fabrics from the frame or remove them for washing in the washing machine.
When cleaning the fabric by hand on a regular basis, it is important to observe the following rules:
- Always use a mild detergent such as dishwashing liquid.
- The water should be cold or lukewarm.
- After washing, rinse the fabric thoroughly to remove all detergent residues.
- Air dry fabrics. Never heat the canopy fabric.
To clean dirt and remove mildew stains from the awning fabric we must:
- Wipe the mildew dirt from the surface of the fabric and wash it.
- Prepare a cleaning solution with water and a mild detergent, such as dishwashing liquid.
- Using a soft bristle brush and the prepared solution, treat the remaining dirt and mould stains.
- Allow the cleaning solution to soak into the cloth.
- Rinse the cloth thoroughly until all detergent is removed.
- Allow the fabric to air dry.
If necessary, repeat the above steps until the awning mould stains are completely removed. If you are unable to remove mildew stains from awnings, too much mildew has developed or the awning has traces of roof run-off, a household bleach solution with chlorine bleach and water can be used to clean.
Quality canopy fabric is resistant to mould growth, however, mould can grow on dirt and other foreign matter that is not removed from the fabric surface of the various types of awning available.
Where to buy very cheap and first-class awning cleaning products?
We often encounter the problem of not being able to find the right products for cleaning awnings. It is very important to ask a professional in the sector as there are products that can kill the life of our awnings.
How to clean a metal awning.
To remove mildew stains on awnings or other stubborn stains, follow these steps:
1. Prepare a cleaning solution with a capful of chlorine bleach, a quarter capful of mild detergent and three litres of water.
2. Clean fabric surfaces contaminated with mould and mildew with a soft bristle brush and prepared solution.
3. Allow the applied mixture to penetrate the fabric for up to 15 minutes.
4. Gently rinse the product and remove all detergent.
5. The fabric should be air dried without heat treatment.
If necessary, to remove mildew stains on awnings you can repeat all the above cleaning steps. It should be noted that if mildew removal is done manually on a frame or in another position, the area around the fabric should be protected if bleach is used in the cleaning solution. Bleach may damage carpets or other non-tent fabrics.
If you need to know the price of an awning you have all the information HERE.
Remove mildew stains on awnings in the washing machine.
Any textile architecture involves more than just manual cleaning. If the awning parts are removable and fit in the washing machine, you can wash the awning in the washing machine as follows:
- When washing awnings in the washing machine, use a mild detergent.
- To remove stubborn stains or remove mildew stains on awnings, add 1 cup of laundry bleach to the detergent.
- The water temperature in the washing machine should not exceed 40°C (104°F).
- Do not use different drying modes to remove mildew stains on awnings, the awning fabric should be dried without heat treatment.
Any fabric for different types of awnings (sail awnings, pergola awnings…), canopies and other architectural structures has a special coating that increases the hydrophobicity and resistance to mildew stains on the fabric.
This coating is not damaged for several years, but after a thorough cleaning, as a rule, the original coating is removed, which reduces the hydrophobicity of the fabric.
Manufacturers also advise to remove mildew stains on awnings by re-coating after five years of use of the fabric. There are special tools to restore the coating, which are produced according to the type of coating.